Subject: Re: [Leica] New Hexar RF page on my site
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 07:01:47 -0700

> In Dante's defense,

Dante needs no defense. When you subscribed to the LUG, you were sent a message whose first sentence was:

> The Leica Users mailing list is intended to be used by people who take
> photographs with Leica and similar cameras.

There is nothing wrong with discussing other rangefinder cameras on the LUG. Here is the sentence explaining the Leica context:

> While all of us recognize that fine rangefinder cameras have been and are
> made by other companies than Leica, and many of us own Canon, Nikon, or
> Contax rangefinders, the name Leica has stood for excellence in rangefinder
> cameras for more than half a century.

I didn't see any slur against Leica on Dante's page. I saw a few jabs at Leicaholics, but there were identical parallel jabs at Contaxaholics. Perfectly fine, and even more so because it's on a web page and a very short mail was sent announcing it. If you don't want to read about Contax cameras, then don't read about contax cameras. Me, I'm choosing not to read about the M7 right now because I can't afford to lust for one. I don't use my M6 enough as it is.

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] New Hexar RF page on my site)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] New Hexar RF page on my site)