Subject: Re: [Leica] New Hexar RF page on my site
From: "dante@umich.edu" <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 07:47:21 -0400

> "dante@umich.edu" wrote:
>>
>> I have just finished a fairly extensive page on the Hexar RF.
>>
>> http://www.dantestella.com/technical/hexarrf.html
>>
>> Time... to... sleep.

> I found this smack dab in the middle of it:
>

> Leica users are too emotionally invested in their equipment to believe
> that anything could be better. Leicas are expensive pieces of hardware.
> Although some pros use them, the market is largely made up of rich
> doctors and lawyers who feel like they have worked themselves silly and
> want some leisure. They lack the  time, training or inclination to muck
> around with testing, and they want to buy something that they can be
> confident will take the best possible pictures. The   whole point for
> them of buying a Leica is that there is nothing better.

Nice try, Mark.  It was followed by:

Konica users are too emotionally invested in their equipment to believe that
anything could be better. Konica has always enjoyed cult status among its
users (especially of the SLRs or the autofocus Hexar). Hexar users have the
same lack of time, training or inclination to do a lot of testing. They are
largely fixated on the utilitarian, to the exclusion of enjoying the fine
workmanship of 1950s and 1960s Leicas or seriously testing their gear.