Subject: Re: [Leica] New Hexar RF page on my site
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 07:13:28 -0400 (EDT)

> "dante@umich.edu" wrote:
> > I have just finished a fairly extensive page on the Hexar RF.
> > http://www.dantestella.com/technical/hexarrf.html
> > Dante Stella

> From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
> A whole rabidly anti Leica page. Why he'd post it here i don't know.
> The ultimate troll. Who needs it?
> Mark Rabiner

i don't think dante is a troll.  and while the hexar is not my personal
cup of tea, i think dante has delivered a pretty thoughtful accounting of
the machine, plus a decent precis of the contoversy surrounding it.
which of course itself is now controversial.

however, i will agree that the "doctor and lawyer" phrase in any
context leica seems gratuitous and unnecessarily inflammatory.

- -rei

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey