Subject: [Leica] Re: Steve Unsworth (PAW) Week 18
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 05:16:24 -0500

Steve:

>http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/PAW/week_18.htm

I like everything about this picture but the people staring directly into
the camera as they shout.  They're shouting in one direction but looking at
you.  Except for the guy in the middle back a row...he appears to be
shouting at the camera, too.  Even the guy on the left with his hand raised
appears to be aware of the camera...that's my take on why he's shielding his
face.

I don't have any suggestions (other than to use a black camera instead of a
shiny silver one!!  <ducking>) as to how to avoid this, though.

>Alternative 1 is at...
>http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/PAW/week_18alt1.htm

I like this one better.  For some reason, the lone guy staring into the lens
doesn't bug me.  In fact, it would be weird if he were looking away.  This
seems to be less about the protest and more about this man, though.  Maybe
that's the difference.

>Alternative 2 is at...
>http://www.steveunsworth.co.uk/PAW/week_18alt2.htm

I like.  Nobody staring at the camera.  Just each doing his/her thing.

Eric