Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW - Jeffery - Weeks 17 & 18
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 08:29:18 +1000

>I'm still trying to catch up with the calendar. Weeks 17 and 18 are at:
>
>http://www.jeffery-nola.com/PAW_17.html

this is an image which could grace a wall, advertisment or fishmongers calender

>http://www.jeffery-nola.com/PAW_18.html

this is an odd sculpture which was snapped close up, straight on, and
is a record- at least in my hands, this would be what would normally
happen. The artist should be happy you recorded his/her work, or
claim copyright that you have stolen his/her art (I joke sorry).
Taking records of art works is difficult, but you have captured more
here than just the detail. The lighting is distracting and enhancing,
with the spotlights giving the impression of the figures being on
show, in a parade, and the placement is great - some would claim you
must have been using an SLR - though I find you can do this with the
M if you are careful. All in all, you should be very happy with the
result. You have taken a subject, and done something more than just
record it, you have given it your own light and slant. So although, I
think the first weeks image is easier on the eye, the second is more
of a triumph to me

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin