Subject: [Leica] RapidWinder
From: Irving Greines <igreines@GMSR.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:24:49 -0700

When I acquired my first Rapidwinder (I now have three, one affixed to each
of my M6 bodies), I was dubious and cautious.

I love them.  Wouldn't consider using an M body without one.

First, I'm a left eyed shooter and it made all the difference in the world
for me.

Second, to answer the poster's question, they are extremely quiet.

Third, and a surprising added benefit for me, they are very helpful when the
photographer is doing candid street photography up close.  In those
situations, a motor winder or flipping the regular film advance are dead
give-aways that photos are being taken.  However, with the rapidwinder and a
24mm lens, I can take multiple photos at point blank range and the subject
never detects I'm taking photos or advancing the film.