Subject: [Leica] Emanuel is one of many Hebrew names for God
From: "Duane Birkey" <duanebirkey@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 23:45:46 -0500

Emanuel is one of many Hebrew names for God...  And rather stupidly, I never
imagined that Emanuel Lowi might be Jewish...  which now makes more sense as
it explains why he is named Emanuel... and why his comments, beliefs and
theology are similar to BD and others who I have conversed with off line in
the past.

There are books in Christian bookstores that talk about all of the different
Biblical names of God

Either way... I should not have started that sentance with Ironically...  It
wasn't very nice.

Maybe Duane means ( quick to put foot in mouth)

Can Duane and/or Emanual point me to a source of study for the expressions
"God is with us" and "god is my refuge"?

Thanks,

Joseph Codispoti
San Luis Obispo, CA

Replies: Reply from "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Emanuel is one of many Hebrew names for God)