Subject: Re: [Leica] 135 MM Elmarit 2.8 from M6 TTL
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 18:37:35 -0700 (PDT)

> My question is this.
>
> Does a more modern 135 MM that couples without the
> bug-eyes present a snappier view, or are the
> bright-lines so small that it makes it hard to
> frame and focus?
>
> I have a .72 viewfinder.
>
> Don indicated that I was using a magnified
> 90 MM view and that that was desirable over the
> much smaller 135 MM brightlines.
>
> This lens was about 1/3 the price of a F3.4 APO
> 135 MM lens.
>
> Any comments?

    Yes.  I have a 135 f/2.8 and prefer it to an Elmar or
TeleElmar.  It is heavier, but the larger finder screen does
seem better to me.
    Try removing the lens and just using the selector to see how
small the 135 frame really is.
    Of course the magnification also makes the rangefinder more
accurate.  This is a big plus when shooting wide open.

=====
"Yu nevr sea the typos until AFTER yo post"

    Photo Phreak