Subject: [Leica] Three New Pictures
From: William Gower <w_gower@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 21:06:23 -0500

I'm not PAW-ing this year, but I'm posting three new pictures I shot a
few weeks ago (warning: 600x480 pixels) when I was out west.

All are Leica shots (Tri-Elmar ASPH), but have been cropped and
presented in a 4x5 format. I've also written a brief description to
accompany them which will be polished and refined if this project
develops.

I shot a whole mixed bag of film (Delta 400, APX100, Neopan 1600 and
Plus-X Pan I bought at the local grocery store when I ran out !) and
processed in XTOL, Microdol-X and ID-11.

The images:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/w_gower/home/temp/images/Norman.html

- -  APX100 (at 100) and Microdol-X 1:3, 21 minutes with very gentle
agitation. This helped tame the early-afternoon-blazingly-bright
sunlight.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/w_gower/home/temp/images/Debra.html

- - Neopan 1600 (at 1600) and XTOL, stock. I'm getting obsessed with grain
and chose to run stock XTOL to minimize graininess, but I think 1:1
would have been a better choice (increased sharpness, possibly picking
up a bit of shadow detail in the small dogs face).

http://www3.sympatico.ca/w_gower/home/temp/images/Victoria.html

- - Plus-X Pan (rated at 100) and Ilford ID-11 and a bit of diffuse
fill-flash using a Metz 34CS-2 through a napkin. This is the Tri-Elmar
wide open at f4.

I'd really appreciate some feedback (on/off list) from the group on
these 3 images.

Regards

William

no archive