Subject: Re: [Leica] The hardest finish for M
From: "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 19:34:20 -0500

I don't have the answer to that, but have been curious about some of the
black paint finishes I have seen lately on the LUG. Does the fellow who
does the black paint finishes paint OVER the vulcanite on the M series? If
so, the finish would be of little use if the vulcanite separated from the
camera body. I just saw an obscenely expensive olive green Leica on ebay,
and it appeared to be green paint over vulcanite as well.

Jeffery Smith