Subject: [Leica] Emanuel Paltiel
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 17:17:58 -0700

Not having been to Ecuador with my Leicas (or any other camera, for that
matter) I cannot claim to know what the origin of the name Emanuel.
In French, Italian and Spanish, Emanuel, or variations thereof, is simply a
person's name. In Spanish Manual is simply a male's name. The female version
would be Emanuela.
I have never heard the expression as used by Duane or Emanuel and am curious
to learn how various people interpret the name or word.

In some Spanish cultures and religious writings the phrase "El Niņo
Manuelito" is a reference to Jesus, literally "The Child Jesus".

Now Emanuel Lowi introduces Emanuel Paltiel which has a French sound but I
cannot find any reference in any of the sources at my disposal.

Can Duane and/or Emanual point me to a source of study for the expressions
"God is with us" and "god is my refuge"?

Thanks,

Joseph Codispoti
San Luis Obispo, CA