Subject: [Leica] All Shintaro, all the time
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 18:43:03 -0400

Over the years I've had many original Leitz Wetzlar black paint cameras - still have
some. I've also had users painted by Shintaro and by a few of the other after-market
painters working today.

I have no hesitation in saying that Shintaro offers the best price-quality ratio of
them all. It isn't museum-quality work (and he does not market it as such -- he is
very clear that his paint is for USERS) but it isn't done at a museum-quality price
either. In short, Shintaro gets the job done without any "attitude." I recommend him
to anyone who wants a beautiful black camera to use.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal