Subject: [Leica] Re: GR1 or?? Contax T3
From: Cummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 08:24:04 +0800

At 2:39 PM -0700 4/30/02, Leica Users digest wrote:
>Otherwise, I liked the GR1 and did not have the problems you describe with
>turning on by itself, but then again, I usually carry my pocket cameras in
>jacket pockets which are looser than trouser pockets. In the end I sold it
>because I found the 28mm focal length not that useful for general
>shooting, and
>because I did not like the lack of full manual control. I now use a
>Rollei 35 as
>my "carry everywhere" camera.
>
>Nathan

I too like the Rollei 35 (mine is an SE - modern batteries) but if
you are interested in an autofocus 35 pocket size, Rob, you might
consider the Contax T3. It has a 35mm 2.8 Sonnar lens that is very
sharp and I find I end up carrying it more often in my briefcase
these days than the Rollei 35SE. Both cameras are about the same size.
Cheers
Howard.