Subject: Re: [Leica] mourning dove (the url)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:51:25 -0700

Sonny Carter wrote & showed:
>>> Oh yeah, if you really want to see the picture.....
> http://www.sonc.com/mama_bird.htm<<<

Hi Sonny,
You've a nice shot here under difficult circumstances, first of all a
nesting dove, one wrong move and she's probably long gone leaving her
potential chicks to perish.

The location to shoot isn't any Broadway stage either hidden under leaves
but they're open enough by the look of it to still hold some a nice colour.

And you're going to stay with the mama till chicks are hatched and fluffing
wings? Good on you as that becomes a tough challenge as simply making the
wrong move and she could be gone and not return.  Bad scene.

>>OK, so a Mourning Dove on a nest is not exciting.<<<

Well I don't know about that, I think it's damn exciting to find one nesting
so you have the opportunity to photograph her in the first place. Hell I bet
there aren't more than two or three on the list who've ever shot a bird....
with a camera this close.

Now "birdman Herr" you don't count in this one, as we know how beautiful you
shoot birds.;-)

How long a lens are you working with or did I miss that in a previous post?
I did just read another post where you mention some gear. ;-) although, do I
denote a tone of.... sarcasm? ;-) Naw, I must be mistaken. ;-)

Look to hell with all that baffle gab bull shit around here the past few
days and lets stick with the dove and picture taking.. Do you have any idea
how long she'll sit before the chicks come out of the shell? I suppose she
was there and you discovered her, but don't really have any idea how long
she's been sitting already. Boy you've really cut yourself a tough shoot as
you'll need to have a boo at her every day.

Well all the best with it mon ami, but don't let the BS around here the past
week or so get you down, as I and a bunch of others want to see some
exciting little chick pix! :-)

Good shooting... as long as it's the camera! ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] mourning dove (the url))