Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: calling on the LUG to do a good deed: leica scholarship
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:39:25 -0400

Joe - I am not for a moment forgetting, excusing, or dismissing the plight
of the down and out in our midst. I am simply saying, once again, that MOST
Americans live extremely well by the world's standards. That is NOT saying
that anything you, or anyone else has said about the inexcusable level of
poverty in this country, is untrue.

We really are talking about two different things here:

1. The level at which the majority of Americans live;

2. The state of the poor in America.

B. D.