Subject: Re: [Leica] [VOT] half tone printing
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:05:36 -0500

Sam,

I would suggest a finer line screen. You most likely are using a screen too
big for the job and need to go smaller, thus making the dots appear smaller.

If you're using anything larger than a 150 dpi line screen it's too big.

With a press there is no way to get a photo printed without using
dots...you're locked in on that. Get a loupe an look at some printed
images...they are all made up of dots. Some appear less so because they are
smaller than others. If it's printed on a press, it's made up of half tone
dots.

Hope this helps.
Lea