Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: calling on the LUG to do a good deed: leica scholarship
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:12:27 -0400

One of the reasons you see the extremes in the US, and you don't in some
other "developed countries," is that for all our talk of safety nets, they
are pretty much non-existant. Compared to the other "Western democracies" we
are in the 19th century when it comes to our view of social welfare and the
role of government.

And, no, I don't want to get into a raging political debate here on the
LUG - just making a personal observation based on a personal
political/social opinion.;-)

B. D.