Subject: Re: Vs: [Leica] Digital vs Film
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:45:09 -0500

Austin sez:

> Exactly!  Digital takes, at least today, far more time to deal with
than
> film, from a point and shoot happy snap prospective.  I can bring my
happy
> snaps to the local drug store, and get double set of prints from
them, easy.
> I can bring my digital film cartridge to...well...to...somewhere
(yet to be
> disclosed) and get....hum.
>
> Now, I do see this changing, where you can bring your microdrive or
> whatever, select the images you want printed, and get prints...but
right
> now, that isn't there....yet.

Maybe you need to move to the booming metropolis of Natchitoches (pop
19,000.)
Our Wal-Mart 1 hour lab prints from some digi-cards or files, and the
other local lab, Our Photo also prints from files but not memory
cards.

I also have the option of emailing my files to Dee's in Shreveport,
http://www.deesphoto.com/services.html
 Lakeside Camera in New Orleans,
http://www.lakesidecameras.com/
or Mystic Color Lab.