Subject: RE: Vs: [Leica] Digital vs Film
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 11:19:13 -0400

Hi B.D.,

> And there is absolutely no doubt,
> no arguing, with two things:

Oh, really?  Ha!  You forgot what list you are on ;-)

> Converting to digital saves a working pro a great deal of money in a very
> short time;

Well, OK, that's very true.

> Once you have made your first finished digital print of an image,
> producing
> additional prints at the same time, or a later date, is easier
> than opening
> the door to the darkroom, let alone going through making a print.

Right, but how does that preclude using and then scanning...film?  Whether
your source is digital camera or scanned film, the printing process is
identical.

Personally, the ideal workflow is to use film, scan it, and print digitally.
I get all the advantages of both, and almost none of the disadvantages.

Regards,

Austin