Subject: Re: [Leica] replacement batteries for LEICA CL and MINOLTA CLE cameras
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 08:49:11 +0200

There is a difference in voltage and discharge pattern between the mercury
batteries and the silver oxide (or whatever) batteries. There are several
possible solutions:

- - have your cameras recalibrated to use the modern batteries
- - buy a CRIS adapter to allow you to use the modern batteries
- - there are still mercury batteries available, coming from some Chinese
source; they tend to be pricey and there are questions about reliability,
but nonetheless they exist.

All of these options have been discussed extensively in the past. Look in
the archives for "mercury batteries", "PX625" and the like, and you will
find lots of posts.

Nathan