Subject: Re: [Leica] DVD recording codes - are they needed?
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 21:27:29 -0400

I think the region codes are optional, and I also think there is a region 0
or something that is universal.  The harder part would be to encode a video
signal that any player or TV could handle.  It may be possible to encode
different versions of the video, NTSC, PAL, SECAM and have the player
select.  The low-end software (DVDit) that I tried this on would not allow
you to do this but the more professional versions may.

Mike D