Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 update 2. and more :-)
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 15:13:27 EDT

Dans un courrier daté du 27/04/02 17:13:39 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
tedgrant@shaw.ca a écrit :

> Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>  >So how many rolls have you put through the M7 by now? Probably as many as
>  will
>  > in 2 years, so since you have not reported any problems, I look forward
>  > picking up my M7 on Thursday in London--<<<
>
>  Hi Nathan,
>  Let me say with hand on wood  ;-) ..... So far the M7 has been a joy to
work
>  with and as often as I've put an M6 to my eye since 1985 the M7 seems to be
>  different. What?
>
>  I'm not sure, brighter? crisper? Maybe it's just an absolutely clean new
>  camera without 17 years of innards residue in the M6's. :-) So far the
>  exposures are getting on the film about as perfect as one would want.
>
>  Now I'm not one of those photographer's who stands around figuring out all
>  those techie light ratios and other time wasting items, I'm a see and shoot
>  kinda guy! :-) So the M7 has given me a handling advantage of the M body,
>  Leica glass at it's best, along with the freedom to see and react, without
>  any momentary hesitation to adjust shutter speed or aperture before
>  squeezing on the shutter release.
>
>  The M7 allows me to see, re-act and shoot with nothing other than my
>  physical ability it takes to trip the shutter. Which in some cases it means
>  catching a highlight in the eye of the subject or missing it that makes or
>  breaks the picture.
>
>  I'd say you will be very pleasantly surprised at the handling - shooting
>  reaction time gained with the M7. Sure if one is accustomed to using an R8
>  for example on aperture mode, it's the same thing. But what the R8 doesn't
>  give you is the handling aspect nor size of the M7 body.
>
>  ted
>
>  Ted Grant Photography Limited
>  www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Yo boyz ,

I've had my my first roll of slides burned with the thing developped today
and there also all dead on ;
This wasn't always the case when I used the M6 .
I used the thing all in Auto mode , just to savour that new function , and
quite often did I use the AE Lock , instead of the compensator , to expose
those slides .
How do you use it Ted , just compose and forget about exposure or do
twist it a little ?

JO GOODTIMES
Metz / France
Email : v8pwr@aol.com