Subject: Re: Vs: [Leica] Digital vs Film
From: Mark Kronquist <mak@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 11:29:48 -0900

No digital camera gives me the mind blowing color saturation, the variety of
views/perspectives, the ability to make a billboard (which I have on
occasion had to do without shooting for a billboard in mind), the
flexibility of emulsions and effects or the quality (by ANY measure) as a
film based camera.

I am on my fifth or sixth digital camera. They are amazingly convenient.  A
perfect replacement for 35mm point and Shoots.  But

When I have to shoot for a client (we are an advertising agency) with the
exception of comps, iPIX tours and really low end quick and dirty jobs we
use film.

When my wife and I travel to some off beat locations, we choose mechanical
(Leica M or R6 or Nikon FM/FM2/F/F2 or Hasselblad) cameras...

My 2 cents...