Subject: [Leica] New Picture of the Week from Jim Shulman
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:04:37 -0500

Jim,
    I like the subject matter very much.
Reminded me of Thornton Wilder's "Our Town" in
the somber mood of the audience and the interior
architecture.  Here's my thoughts: I'd like a
closer shot that eliminates the foreground
elements, includes just enough of the piano so
that we know it is a piano, more of a focus
around the two figures at the piano and allows
me to see the expressions of the front row of
the audience.  You could probably get there by
cropping out most of the lefthand side of the
photo and quite a bit of the foreground, though
I don't know if you'd lose image quality and
thereby bring out the fine details that are
there in the expressions.  With today's 400
speed film, you'd probably be alright. Just my
.02.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net