Subject: [Leica] Re: Velvia, Velvia, Velvia - darn, momma, don't take my Kodachrome away.
From: "G. Michael Clark" <clarkgmorph@utk.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:15:01 -0400

Well, IF you have a GOOD lab, and want to enhance saturation with
minimum buildup in shadow detail, and almost no loss of definition,
expose for EI 100 and have the lab push it to get the
perfectly-exposed slide. Before you have to shoot something critical,
please send them at least one trial roll first that includes
all-you-can-think-of in the variety of subjects/lightings that you
can duplicate at the time.

Except for too-contrasty subjects/lightings, where I DO want to do
the reverse (overexpose and have the lab pull development time)-again
please do a test roll- I have gone to shooting Velvia as if this were
ISO 100 film much of the time.

And yes, bracketing is definitely in order when the exact exposure to
use is in doubt!

GMC