Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Velvia, Velvia, Velvia - darn, momma, don't take my K odachrome away.
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:05:49 -0600

Like any film, Velvia has its uses, its pluses and minuses. It is very
good for bringing out detail and colour in muted subjects. I have seen
large format close-ups of glacial ice forms where the use of Velvia
wonderfully enhanced the subtle colours present. To counter that we also
have one stock photographer in Edmonton who shoots the original in
Velvia and then dupes it onto Velvia again (!) to punch things up a
bit ! ! Not my cup of tea but he and his clients seem happy enough.

John Collier