Subject: Re: [Leica] replacement batteries for LEICA CL and MINOLTA CLE cameras
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:47:03 -0500

The CLE uses D76, not merc batteries, so there is no problem.

For the CL I got my merc 625 batteries offshore, and keep them in a
bag in the fridge. (Don't freeze them!)  They last a long time in the
camera.

If you don't want to go to the trouble of finding 625's
http://www.classic-cameras.com/MR-9.htm
has an adapter that reduces the voltage.

There are other solutions, like having the meter adjusted by a repair
person.

Until I got the merc batteries, I just reset the ASA dial so the
readings off a gray card matched a known good hand-held meter.   I
think that I'll probably go with the MR-9 in about four years when I
run out of 625's

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com