Subject: [Leica] M7 update 2. :-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:43:08 -0700

M7 again. :-)  It just keeps getting better. :-)

So for several days now we've been pumping film through the M7 and roll
after roll is coming out exposure right on the mark even in the lighting
environment of the hospital scene and operating rooms.

I find I'm a step faster with the M7 and AE, than using the M6 because it
requires that extra action to make the shutter speed or aperture setting
change.

Where as with the M7 it's select the aperture and shoot away, sure if a
change is required you still make the aperture change for a different
shutter speed, but generally there isn't any change unless you wish to
shoot, say with the Noctilux wide open or nearly so. And that's for a way
out of focus effect of background.

But there isn't any question, working with a couple of M6's and one M7, not
to forget an R8, does create some annoyance in a quick change re-action to a
photo moment where a different lens is required. When you've been shooting
continuously with the M7 and not doing anything accept focus & shoot, a
quick change to the M6 due to need of a different lens and it's, OOPS! ;-)

You have to catch yourself to make an exposure correction for the M6, where
with the M7 I've not bothered and just let the camera select what it wants
and time after time the exposures are right on the mark appearing equal to
each other. Which inturn makes it easier to print due to a constantly
correct exposure frame after frame.

I haven't as yet used my Tom Abrahamsson RapidWinder with the M7 but I will
shortly, then I expect the camera body will become rather warm as the film
flies passed the shutter gate! ;-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant