Subject: Re: [Leica] First Time Choice of Leica Bodies
From: Andy Heffernan <ahh@juniper.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:19:43 -0700

> Help!
>
> I've decided to make a new committment to re-learning photography in my
> photography hobby. I have sold my heavy and aged Nikon F3 with all its
> heavy and loose working lenses and accessories. I've nnever even held a
> Leica camera before, but have read gobs of info about them and the
> endless reputation these Leica camera have. After much net reading and
> hair pulling, I am going to drive over to Keeble&Shucat cameras in Palo
> Alto, California, tomorrow am and take a fresh look at these three Leica
> camera bodies--M6, R6.2, M7 and R8.

Keeble and Shuchat also have a rental department across the street, so
see if you can rent some of their equipment.  An M6 and a 50mm will
cost maybe $50 for a weekend.

If you're already thinking in terms of buying a whole collection
of Leica stuff, you're probably on the wrong track, but that's just
my opinion.