Subject: Re: [Leica] Couple R8 questions
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:10:36 -0700

 Victor Wek wrote:
> >1) Which lenses are consider to be the best or must have in R line? From
> >LUG I know we can include 100/2.8 APO macro on it. Any other? I think,
the
> >best will be a lens which has relatively new design and does not improve
> >much when stopped down.<<<

Richard,
This a simple question only you can answer yourself....

First of all they are all the best lenses for whatever purpose.  But only
the ones, you require for the kind of pictures you take are the "very best"

I may say, the 400 2.8 and the 15mm  2.8 are the best, you may not have any
use for them at all. Nor the income to purchase.

Or as I during the past couple of days shooting in operating rooms of
doctors and nurses and me using the "80-200 .. f4"  is the best lens for
you, but it wont fit you're needs either.

Your first question to yourself should be.... "What kind of photography do I
wish to practice and what do I like to do?"  When you answer that.... then
ask.... "Which lens will allow me to do the very best photography to
accomplish that?"

Asking a blanket question will get you a blanket answer of 500 e-mails all
varying answers and you'll only be far more confused than you are at the
moment.  Not to mention the clutter of the airwaves of LUGDOM!

So what kind of pictures do you wish to take?  Answer that, then ask and
you'll get the right answers very quickly and precisely.  Thank you
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com> ([Leica] Re: Couple R8 questions)