Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Ansel Adams on PBS TV
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:16:43 -0400

You don't have to labor over an 8x10 neg in the darkroom to appreciate Ansel
Adam's darkroom craft. All you have to have done is gone in a darkroom once
and tried to print anything, and you understand what he was able to
accomplish.

However, before you suggest that it's such a snap to make "perfectly
beautiful digital prints," I suggest that you don't know what's involved in
doing that until you've spent "hours" in front of a monitor "trying to get
a(n image) just right." It's done in daylight, and it's a dry process - but
it is not a snap by any stretch of the imagination. Same kinds of
challenges; different set of tools.

B. D.