Subject: Re: [Leica] M7's on this list
From: "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@harbornet.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 23:10:12 -0700

I have to agree with you Don.  I wear glasses - have a very heavy
prescription - and the M3 viewfinder is a joy to use.  I only have the
50mm DR Sumicron and don't need to use the frame lines because what I
see in the viewfinder matches them almost exactly from edge to edge.

I recently shot a wedding rehearsal and reception (I left the wedding to
the professionals - stayed out of their way.  Been there, done that.)  I
had to shoot on p3200 at 3200 -- the light was only good enough to use
it at 1/60th at f2 or f2.8.  I had no trouble seeing or focusing at all.
Wonderful.

As for using the light meter, well I do, but only because I have been
spoiled for many years by using an SLR that had a good metering system
built into it.  It's gone now - so I have to relearn how to judge the
light.  And that is coming back fast.

On the other hand, I don't need to work fast as do Ted and others who
value the M7 for that purpose.  I guess if I had to produce the goods as
they do, I wouldn't hesitate to have the M7 as my number one camera.

Ted in Olalla