Subject: Re: [Leica] Question about Scanners
From: DFangon@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 06:03:49 EDT

In a message dated 4/21/02 1:46:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time, simon@sclamb.com
writes:

<< Please feel free to email me off list and let me know what specifics you
are
 looking for.  >>

Dear Simon

I am very grateful for your response.  If you noticed, not very many have
chosen to respond to my query (in fact you are the only one so far.).

Part of my ignorance is I don't know what I should be looking for.  I have no
set criteria except that as a photog, it should meet my needs.  My output
will be from my one and only HP Colorlaser 4550 printer.  It has true 600X600
dpi but the brochure says it has simulated 1200X1200 dpi output.  I would
also love to be able to scan images to put on a website and for selling at
eBay.  Will these purposes demand different kinds of scanners?  I have no set
budget, I have a tendency to buy the best but due to ignorance I equate price
with quality, reasoning that it must be the best if it is the most expensive.
 That's what's drawn me to Leica in the first place.  Make no mistake, I am
not lazy about doing my homework with regards to research but I must admit, I
am a bit stumped where to start when it comes to scanners, partly because of
the continous rapid advance in technology.  Thank you for your advice as now
I have a starting point and a handle on how to go about approaching this.

Many Thanks,

Dante

Replies: Reply from alex olstein <alexolstein@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Question about Scanners)