Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Color vs B&W
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:33:17 -0400

At 02:34 PM 4/20/02 -0400, you wrote:
>     For the hobbyist, it is strictly a personal choice. for those of us who
>earn our living from photography, most often, someone else (the person
>paying the bill) decides if they want color or B&W.
>Happy Snaps,
>Sal DiMarco, Jr.
>Philadelphia, PA

Absolutely!  Since a lot of what I shoot is for stock, I always shoot both
B&W and color.  That's why I have so many very similar shots in both for
the Leica seminar.  Even if I'm working for someone else and they specify
one or the other, I usually shoot both.  Sometimes it's obvious which is
more effective and sometimes it's strictly a personal opinion.  These days
it's so easy to convert color to B&W that I may be shooting more color film
and deciding later which I prefer.  You can't go the other way
though!   (except through hand-coloring which is whole different medium.)

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com
images available from http://www.pdiphotos.com