Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: US Customs
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:02:20 -0600

> Sal- Up hear in the frozen north, a simple trip to customs will get you a
> Y38. This is a small green card you list all equipment on then signed and
> stamped by customs. Simple!
>
> Kevin Argue
> St. Catharines, Ontario

Yes - this little Canada Customs cards are useful. You just fill out new
ones for new gear (make sure you take the gear along with you). I've never
had to use them in Canada/US/Europe, but they have worked wonders in
Nicaragua and such. They photocopied them, stamped a copy and voila. And
they are a bit bigger than index sized cards, so they just travel with my
passport etc. (+ you have all the serial numbers if your gear gets nicked!)

tim a