Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: EOS to Leica R adapter source
From: J Gong <r7slr@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:28:25 -0700 (PDT)

Javier,

Your latest message confuses me.  You speak of using EOS zooms on R bodies, but
that adapter does not exist. The film plane to lens flange distance is too
great to permit proper infinity focus.

The other way around works.  I count myself and Joseph Yao as two people who
have used adapters to fit R lenses on EOS bodies. Specifically, D30's to have a
digital camera with R optics. After all, I'll be dead by the time Leica came
out with one.

The Novoflex adapters are available at bhphoto and calumet. No, they're not
cheap, but it's a cool tool...

It's also nice to have a cheap EOS body as a backup, with more versatility
available too.  Of course, everything is manual focus and stop down metering.

This setup won't solve your manual focus problems however. I have found it
difficult to accurately focus with the clear Canon screens; they were designed
with AF lenses in mind.

Best Regards,

John Gong