Subject: Re: [Leica] friday fs prints: colleen in the alley
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:40:25 EDT

In a message dated 4/19/02 6:08:04 PM, lea@whinydogpress.com writes:

<< As a woman in possession of two pretty nice breasts myself, I would like to

add that Photo Phreak is right about what Kyle obviously noted himself,

Colleen is blessed with rather lovely breasts.

For the record gentlemen, most women find the use of the word 'tits'

offensive.

Lea >>

Breasts, tits, rack, rounded orbs of flesh, boobs, boobies, mammaries, bosom,
squeeze boxes, chi-chis....

whatever you call them they're used to sell virtually anything from cars to
aftershave.  And why not?  They are malleable, jiggle, wiggle, sag down, can
be thrusted up, squished and pulled out.  They feed the sexual desires of men
and women, they feed and nuture the newly borne, they are representative of
the duality of much of Western religious perceptions of women, the continuum
between madonna vs whore.

How one describes 'em depends on one's company as much as what one is trying
to convey.   The word "breasts" is safe.  You use the term breasts when in
polite company and if you're a guy who wishes to keep his gonads in order and
isn't familiar with the female company he's keeping..."breasts" is the word
to use.  If Colleen was nursing in that alleyway, I would have referred to
'em as "a nice bosom" or "lovely breasts."  But let's face it, she's flashing
us....and as such that shot moves into a different realm, a realm that I (at
least) think a different word is called for.  Hence--tits.

I too think Colleen's...."softly rounded globes"...are very nice.   What's
more, I hardly think there's anything wrong with men and women admiring
beauty or sexuality or erotica or any of those gray zones that some blush
when even contemplating.

What actually concerns me is that whilst "PC" is concerned with women
portrayed, depicted, used as objects AND the morality watchers on the right
are obsessed with anything depiciting, portraying sexuality we are  (in the
United States of Homeland Security) left with a language and culture where
"sensuality" becomes associative with softcore,  the "erotic" means sex and
any images involving unclothed children becomes porn.  (think sally mann
here).

I like Kyle's work not only because he has a good eye, but because he's
willing to look at and challenge the mundane.  (not to mention he keeps
sending the lug shots of nekkid chicks)...oh..sorry, can I say the word
"chick?"

- -kim

Replies: Reply from "Christopher Williams" <LeicaChris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] friday fs prints: colleen in the alley)