Subject: Re: [Leica] new here! Q: about Leica R Summicron 35/2.0 vs PC Super Angulon 35/4 shift
From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:55:27 +0200

I had the PC Super Angulon. It's (IMHO) of very limited use wide open. You
need to stop down to get reasonable results. You need a tripod and a level.
The diaphragm is not coupled and I thought 35mm was not enough for
architecture. I also had the Summicron 35, it's a very fine lens.

If you "do" architecture go for the modern PC 28. The contrast is higher
than the older model, the handling is muuuuuch better AND it's a 28...

If you don't need the shift controls, the Summicron 35 is a wonderful lens.

Tarek