Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Scanning Scala
From: kiklaas@iinet.net.au
Date: 18 Apr 2002 01:23:57 -0000

Saul, thank you.  All of the reponses to this question will be of enormous
help to me.

Karina

> VueScan software instead of the standard Canon sw has made a big
improvement for me when scanning Scala. Sometimes tweaking “white balance”
and other settings is imperative.

> When shooting Scala I try to over-expose (usually by 1 stop) since Scala
seems to be denser than other films (and I’m not sure if this is the
actual reason, but shadows seem to be harder to resolve when scanning
Scala).