Subject: Re: [Leica] Two Enlargers?
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:29:00 -0700

Mike,

The D2 is an ancient enlarger unless it has the variable condenser feature
(D2-V) but still a great work horse that will serve you well for ever.

The Super Chromega will be able to enlarge all your negatives, color as well
as B&W.

There is a basic difference between the two systems:
In the D2, although not a point source type, the light reaching and passing
through the negative is more or less directional wherein the Chromega,
because of the necessity to diffuse the light, it is bounced about in the
mixing chamber and passed through an opal glass before it reaches the
negative. Therefore, for B&W printing, the contrast will be somewhat lower
in the Chromega.

As Jim pointed out, get the best lens you can afford. That is one of  the
most important decisions in planning a darkroom.

Joseph Codispoti
San Luis Obispo, CA

From: "Ginex, Mike" <mginex@panynj.gov>