Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [OT] Color darkroom worth it?
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:00:35 -0700

For me, it is hard. I have only tried positives - I cannot even imagine
trying to color balance in negative!

I recommend buying lots of paper and chemicals, getting a basic book on
color darkroom technique, and trying to be as methodical as possible. In
B&W work I tend to be pretty 'intuitive' and I can get away with it. In
color, my intuition is always wrong and 15 minutes later I realize that
I wasted yet another sheet of paper.

The results are amazing when they are right. In fact, I'd say the thrill
of pulling a nice color print out of the tube is better than that of
watching a nice B&W print emerge in the tray...

- - marc