Subject: [Leica] PAW 14 - Rob Mellor
From: Claudia Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:14:40 -0500

Rob,
	The shot has some lovely textures here:  the water--shaded parts,
ripples--the jet trails in the sky, the trees and pastures.  The
composition is also technically strong--I like the positioning of the
hills, the highest element of land, at the intersection of thirds. The
exposure is excellent; if you use the Zone system, you did so
brilliantly here, getting texture and detail out of both the shadows and
highlights here.  If you didn't, you are just a natural wizard with
exposure.
	 I found myself wanting a stronger subject around which to focus.
My eyes were drawn to the hills, but there wasn't something to sustain
my interest there.  I wonder if one cropped a fair amount of the
foreground, could the boat be made into a stronger focal point.  You
could crop up to the start of the shadow, and still retain lots of the
interesting textures in the water, while emphasizing the boat as a
stronger element in the photograph.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net