Subject: Re: [Leica] A scary moment Photography in FHs
From: Mark Kronquist <mak@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:43:50 -0900

In real life part of what we do is advertising and marketing for Funeral
Homes (www.funeralnet.com) .

With the approval of the family, most funeral directors will be happy to
help you as well.

Are you capturing the life celebration (all the stuff around the casket) or
a close up of the professor? Or both? Wide angle lenses are very necessary
to capture life celebration images...as you can imagine the displays are
much longer than tall. While we seldom photograph close ups of the people,
when we do we find a medium telephoto with diffusion works well.

Slumber Rooms (yes that is what they call them) tend to be quite dark and
the lamps tend to be quite pink.

Because most of my shooting is for promotional purposes I have the
opportunity to bring in lighting gear, I am assuming you will be limited to
available light or a shoe or handle mount flash. For a close up of the
professor I might suggest a diffuser over the flash bounced off a card

For film, I find Porta 400 works well. PMZ 1000 was also a good choice
because of the softer colors but, alas, it is no more.

Skip the VC films as they do not work well at all with embalming cosmetics.

If you want to e mail me off line with the name of the FH I will check our
photo database. Mark mark@funeralnet.com