Subject: [Leica] LUGgers in Italy
From: "Diego Rigatti" <rigattid@tin.it>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:12:23 +0200

Dear Ken,

Unfortunately I live in Milan, even if I travel frequently to Rome and
Florence. I can give you a lot of addresses of trattorie, restaurants,
wineries and "photographic" places: it dipends on your taste, preferences,
time, etc. (please contact me off-list, giving me your phone numer, if you
wish). If you can change your agenda, take note of the Leica biggest fair in
Italy, on April 28 in the middle-age main square of Arezzo (a very nice
small city close to Florence). In Florence do not miss Alinari atelier, in
front of the train station, the oldest photographic archive in Italy (they
will celebrate 150 years on April 24), where they still make collotypes and
platinum prints from glass negatives made during the last two centuries.
Close to Florence remember San Miniato; going south, the Chianti wine route
to Siena and to Montalcino (do not miss Sant'Antimo Abbey, 15 km. from
Montalcino) or also to Pienza; going west, Pisa.

If our agendas are compatible, it will be a pleasure meeting you somewhere.

Have a nice trip.

Diego