Subject: Re: [Leica] SonC's PAw 15... Candid or Portrait
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:36:54 -0500

on 4/16/02 9:11 AM, Don Dory at dorysrus@mindspring.com wrote:

> Regarding http://www.sonc.com/paw2/colors.htm
>
> I am not sure that this style is sniping.  It really depends on whether you
> talk to the individuals or whether you see, frame, shoot, and disappear. As
> to the specific image, it is a well done candid portrait of a Cursiista(lets
> see what spell check does with that one, oh curviest).
>
> You usually don't see the whole regalia unless you are involved so the
> natural question would be, are you?

I was asking myself the same thing. Many people call portraits candids but I
believe they're two different things. A portrait seems to be when the
subject is aware, and a candid is when they are unaware of your shooting
them. So sniping would relate to candid but not this type of photo.  Right?

Nothing against the photo Sonny :) but it's now a good example of a type of
shot and the words used to describe it.
- --
John Straus
Chicago, IL