Subject: [Leica] Size Matters
From: "Gregory Rubenstein" <gcr910@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 03:28:30 +0000

Have a 2.0/Summicron-M ASPH 35mm that performs quite well, but is a bit hard
to manipulate and balance in my long-fingered hands 'cuz of its diminutive
size. (I generally rest the camera on my palm and focus with thumb and
forefinger or the little knob).

Know that the 1.4/Summilux-M ASPH 35 mm is slightly larger, along with a
significantly heftier price tag. That added bit of size tempts me simply for
the additional balance.

I've handled both and am still mulling over the issue.

Realize this is a taste/ergonomic issue, but would like to hear on- or
off-list from similarly handed folks and others who've used both about their
thoughts regarding the ease-of-handling of these lenses, as well as any
other opinions -- or tips -- that may be relevant, interesting or
entertaining.

Thanks.

Greg Rubenstein
gcr910@msn.com