Subject: [Leica] Re: Looking for a lens(scratched and soft)
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:15:42 -0400

2002-04-15-18:42:12 David Degner:
> I am actually looking for a well used, soft lens for portraiture. I'm
> guessing a 90mm would be best. I thought there was an old collapsible
> 90mm lens (it would allow me to carry my camera in my tux). If
> anyone has one of these that they would be willing to part with I am
> interested. I guess it doesn't really matter if the glass is scratched
> up or if there is a little fungus in it because I am going for the
> soft look.

I have this 50mm Summarit which is pretty darned flarey and soft (in a
kind of cool way) wide open at f/1.5.  I hadn't really thought about
selling it, and I don't know either what's a fair price (I'm sure
somebody will chime in, which is why I copied the whole list) or if
it's the sort of thing you're looking for, but we can discuss it.  Or
I'd be glad to lend it to you, actually, if you have a short-term
need.  It's not in heavy rotation on my cameras.

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> ([Leica] Re: Looking for a lens(scratched and soft))
Message from David Degner <ddegner@morris.com> ([Leica] Looking for a lens(scratched and soft))