Subject: Re: [Leica] 50/2.8 Elmar Collapsible
From: gb@murphy.bofh.ms (Georg Bauer)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:00:39 GMT

Hi!

In article <000001c1e334$27389a30$9b159d42@jeffery>,
	"Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> writes:
> Before we all got derailed, the talk was of the 50mm Elmar (new
> version). Very few folks ever talk about this lens. I have mine 90%

I don't talk about it, I shoot pictures with it. Look at
http://leicaesk.de/ - everything done with "normal" focal length is the
collapsible, everything "tele" is the 90/2.8 and everything "wide angle"
is the Contax T. Tell me which are which and you get a cookie ;-)

> Anyone on the LUG use the new version of the collapsible Elmar with
> regularity? I bought it primarily because of its diminutive price and

Yep. It's my prime shooting lens, because it's so small. I even dumped a
50/2 after I bought the 50/2.8 (new), because I just didn't use the 50/2
anymore.

> diminutive size. I was surprised by its nice capabilities.

Yep, great small lens.

bye, Georg

Replies: Reply from alex olstein <alexolstein@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] 50/2.8 Elmar Collapsible)