Subject: Re: [Leica] Trouble with loading M-6 (and Voigtlander Ultron 28 MM)
From: John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:20:35 -0400

On 4/15/02 11:35 AM, "Joe Stephens" <joe@atchou.com> wrote:

> The question:  Is loading these cameras always
> hard, and do you just have to be careful, or is
> there a "trick" I am missing.  I never had this
> prob. with my Nikon F.

There is a trick. You insert the film *exactly like the diagram on the
baseplate*. IE the leader just rests in the tulip. It looks like it won't
wind on but when you put the baseplate on the tulip grabs it. Then you can
wind on.

Never, ever, wind on with the base off.

Just trust the gnomes at Leica and it works fine.

Don't try to outsmart them by inserting more leader, or winding on with the
base off to make sure it's loaded ok.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com