Subject: [Leica] Let's all blame B.D.
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:37:47 -0600

B.D. has been taking a good deal of heat from everyone about Erwin's
recent departure from Erwin's own private list. I would like to remind
you that B.D. did not make any of the comments that Erwin has taken
exception to; and, B.D. is not even a subscriber to Erwin's private
list.  I happen to appreciate B.D.'s posts though I do not agree with
them all. One certainly knows where B.D. stands on any particular issue.
I like that. I also have enjoyed looking at his photography.

It has been stated that B.D. called into question Erwin's relationship
to Leica. He did and issued an apology when Erwin stated clearly he had
no connection with Leica whatsoever. When subsequent postings from Erwin
indicated that Erwin may not have been completely clear on the issue, it
was I who pursed the matter not B.D.

Please feel free to make me the scape goat on this one.

John Collier

PS: It is very amusing to hear some of our, shall we say, more direct
members taking B.D. to task.